Following is further information on Saltspring Air flights. Please pay particular attention to items in bold – some of these points are specific to seaplane travelling and different than conventional flying. If you fly often, or plan to, check out our frequent flyer savings programs.
- Be prepared to check-in 20 minutes prior to departure time.
- Make sure all luggage is zipped up and/or closed properly.
- Notify us if your total baggage weight exceeds your baggage allowance or if you will be travelling with larger items such as golf clubs, car seat, etc.
- Be aware of baggage policies.
- Familiarise yourself with departure locations.
- Make sure you allow ample time for travel by taxi (especially in the summer months).
We will call you to confirm your flight 24 hours before your scheduled departure time. If you are unreachable by telephone within the 24 hours before your scheduled flight, we ask that you phone our office to confirm your flight no later then 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
You can reach us locally at 1-250-537-9880 or toll free 1-877-537-9880.
On scheduled service, each paying passenger is guaranteed a baggage allowance. If you will exceed the baggage allowance, please let us know ahead of time. An additional fee will be charged for any excess baggage. On our charter flights, there is more flexibility depending on the number of passengers and the aircraft.
If you will be travelling with larger items such as golf clubs, baby strollers, car seats, or extra large suitcases please advise the reservations agent at the time of booking. An additional fee will be charged for these items.